Holt & North Norfolk
Hill Cottage is within easy access to so many attractions of this historic county. From the popular North Norfolk Coast with pretty villages, beach walks and abundant bird life to the historic stately homes, wonderful gardens and country walks.
- Blickling Hall, an impressive Jacobean house with a garden you’ll want to try to recreate at home. Its parkland is perfect for walking.
- Felbrigg Hall, One of the most elegant country houses in East Anglia. Truly a hidden gem, with all sorts of surprises and delights.
- Houghton Hall cannot fail to impress – a lavish mansion built for Britain’s first Prime Minister.
- Holkham Hall – has many walks and beautiful gardens to explore. It is described as “a Palladian Hall on the windswept North Norfolk coast owned and lived in by the Earls of Leicester and Viscount and Viscountess Coke”.
A walk on Holkham Beach can be truly bracing, followed by a visit to The Victoria.
- Voewood is an Arts and Craft house on the edge of Holt and is definitely worth a visit.
- The Thursford Collection of steam engines, mechanical organs, fairground and Wurlitzer. There are also backstage tours to see the costumes used in the famous Christmas Show.
- For bird watchers there are the salt marshes between Salthouse and Stiffkey.
- A boat trip to Blakeney Point to see the seals.
- The North Norfolk Steam Railway from Holt to Sheringham.